Surrealism

 Surrealism



Surrealism to me is the construction of images, or manipulation of drawings to create something that just doesn't align with any set idea. It captures no essence of direct meaning upon first glance, and may not have any meaning at all. But surreal images are strange depictions of things, meant to look like something familiar, yet so outlandish that it's unrecognizable. The images usually look like they could be very authentic, displaying an odd sense of realistically in terms of lighting and depth of the subject(s).

For my own surrealistic image, I felt the need to make something fun and whimsical rather than something scary or odd looking. It's simply a Shiba Innu Dog that the owner had put a magnifying glass towards it's face, showing a funny picture of the dog's enlarged face. I replaced the dog's face with an image of Walter White from Breaking Bad, and then placed the dog on a tropical water background I'd simply found on the internet. So what does this image mean? Nothing really. It's just sort of fun to look at, and I think that's sort of the point of a surrealistic image.

Comments